Relation among capacity, voice quality, dropped call rate

Engineering Lecture Notes Pdf

Radio Capacity m is expressed as follows:


Where BT/Bc is the total number of voice channels. BT /Bc is a given number, and (C/I )s is a required C/I for designing a system. The above equation is obtained based on six cochannel interferers which occur in busy traffic (i.e., a worst case). In an interference limited system, the adjacent channel interference has only a secondary effect.


Because the (C/I )s is a required C/I for designing a system, the voice quality is based on the (C/I)s .When the specified (C/I )S is reduced, the radio capacity is increased. When the measured (C/I ) is less than the specified (C/I )S , both poor voice quality and dropped calls can occur.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)